Contract copying is an efficient method of using existing contracts to aid the user in creating new contracts. The transfer of data from an existing contract is also a part of this method of adding a new contract.
This option is available in transactions for all business sectors, allowing contracts to be added. It can be executed as long as the field “Reference No.” in the 'Add New' transaction is empty.
A contract to be copied can be selected using the selection transaction specific to the business sector.
A reference number in an existing contract, for instance, can never be copied into a new contract.
Fields in the new contract which must have content cannot be filled with content from the existing contract. Otherwise the field content of the new contract would be overwritten, when using the existing contract.
If the user has data entered in some fields of the new contract before copying over the old contract, these fields will not be overwritten. Thereby the user has the possibility to use the copy function even after entering data for the new contract.
Steps to copy data from the existing Contracts to the new contract:
- A contract to be replicated can be chosen by using the business sector-specific selection transaction.
- Click the info button next to the reference option [i]
- Use refresh() option to search for the existing contracts.
- You will be presented with the existing contract; click the take button on the top right to replace it with the new one.
- You will now receive all the data fields that were copied from the original transaction that you were cloned with, with the exception of the amount and the dates.