Interfaces - Import/Export
Interface Import/Export is a process to load large amounts of data into a database in a relatively short period of time. When you need to load a lot of data all at once, a typical database inserts one row of data at a time, which is inefficient. This problem of efficiency can be overcome by using Interface - Import/Export of data
Interfaces basically can be an Import - bulk data Import or an Export -Bulk Data Export.
Bulk data import / Export allows you to import or export large amounts of data relatively quickly. With bulk import operations, data is inserted through a variety of more efficient methods.
They might bypass triggers and integrity checks such as constraints. Bypassing these slow processes can significantly improve data loading performance, resulting in the operation taking much less time.
Bulk upload of data is performed by creating a job, and then waiting for the job to complete reading a file. These jobs are executed asynchronously, and can be polled to retrieve the status of the import. Files are uploaded using Screens like IMPACT,IMPCUR or IMPUSR to bulk upload Account, currencies or user into System or Exporting of GLE from DOKA system in an XML format.
The import transactions (IMPxxx) are provided with a new drag & drop receiver icon to
upload a file for import.
Follow the below gif to upload the file through Icon :
Best practices to follow for a successful file upload
- Ensure to provide a unique file name to the file to be uploaded to avoid file overriding. Most preferably File name can be structured by including the Time stamp along with interface name
IMPXRT -Transaction Name of Exchange rate Import
- Always check the Field Mapping and Requirements provided in KC articles for every Import to avoid Error during SFTP process
- When an Import fails i.e. If the file doesn't move from normal directory to arc/error after click of Import, Issue is due to the file .But when File transaction has happened and still not able to import records into database , It will be due to data error or any System validations. User can always use the log to check and scrutinize the error.
- When an Export Fails i.e. we have only GLE export involved here. User can always check for the service GLE in TRNREL and repeat the Sub service again .
The below schematic diagram explains about the interfaces available in DOKA -SAAS .
The following Interfaces are available in DOKA SAAS
- General Ledger -XML generation
- Upload of Address - IMPADR
- Import of Accounts - IMPACT
- Currency Import - IMPCUR
- Exchange Rate Import- IMPXRT
- Interest Rate Import- IMPIRS
- Import IBAN
- Import IBAN Plus
- User Import -IMPUSR
- Import of RMA XML - IMPRMA
- Processing of SWIFT through FTP
- EMAIL Set up in DOKA SAAS