A Scheduled report is such a report scheduled to run on a regular interval, making it a type of scheduled search.
Scheduled reports typically initialize one or more alert actions each time they run, such as sending the results of the report run to a set of recipients, logging and indexing custom log events, or adding the results to a CSV lookup.
A scheduled report runs on a scheduled interval, and which can trigger an action each time it runs. You can define up to four actions for a scheduled report:
- Send a report summary by email
- Write the report results to a CSV lookup file
- Set up a job, once triggered it keeps generating iteratively base on time intervals
- Log and index searchable events
Pros of scheduling a Report
- Report scheduling helps streamline information delivery as well as can help you optimize the running of many reports on your network, for example, during off-peak hours. Developers can add automated processes like report scheduling and delivery.
- Scheduled Report reduces the demand that concurrently running reports can put on your system hardware.
- When a scheduled report is run, all existing search jobs need not be terminated.
- Scheduling a report reduces the demand that concurrently running reports can put on your system hardware.
This feature is possible in DOKA SAAS too. Follow the below actions to schedule a report and execute the same